Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Something De-Light-ful

I don't know if your life has been touched by any spectrum disorders such as A.D.H.D., Asperger's Syndrome or Autism, but in searching for a cute picture of a balloon to lighten things up at my blog, I found this logo for The Balloons Of Hope.  What a terrific organization and purpose!  You simply have to check them out.

I don't think there is a better way to lighten things up along the Way than to hang out with children!  I don't mean simply observe children, I mean play their games, sing their songs, IMAGINE things with them, read stories and just enjoy!  

Jesus put children in very high standing you know.  He made sure no one would keep children from Him; He told us that we are to be like children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  Ever wonder what He meant by that?  Was that another mystery image that didn't make literal sense like being born again?  I am not a Bible scholar but I like to think after 28 years of formally hanging out with children I have an idea of what Jesus meant for us to do.

Children are so completely without guile and trusting.  They don't judge, they accept.  They imagine and enjoy God's creation fully.  They love you just because you show up.

I think we are to love Jesus just like a child loves.  I think we are to trust with the child's complete non-judgmental way of trusting.  I especially think God wants us to fully enjoy His beautiful creation including all the people He made in His image.

You want to lighten up like I do?  Go out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment