Friday, December 3, 2010

First Week of Advent: Your Preparations?

The first week of Advent is almost over. What have you been doing in the area of preparations?

If your life is like mine, you've spent time converting the seasonal colors from golds, oranges, browns and reds to your family's traditional holiday colors and decorations. Could be lots of busyness or it could be a sweet time of memories and reflections.

The season of Advent is intended to help us slow our rhythms down and focus our hearts toward Christmas. The first week's emphasis is on HOPE.

I am full of HOPE for a quiet season inside me. I want to go deep under the surface of activities and be at peace. Today has been a terrific start of that internal peace for me; walk on the beach, time of reflection and time of recognition of the One Who calls to me in the middle of the hustle and bustle quietly.

So what do you HOPE for at this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment