Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where Do You Go....?

Isn't this a striking image? Right now the hills are SO green; but this photo was taken in August. The important element in this image is the fog. I live below the fog. Sometimes I feel like I am in a fog mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Where do you go when you are "in a fog"? Do you turn to food? To friends? To TV to distract you from the fog?

This picture reminds me of beautiful words that help me get above the fog: "I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever."

Reading these words and seeing this picture remind me that even when there is an evident fog: struggles, illness, weariness, loss, grief; God is still here with us and wants us to look to Him for the sustenance we need in our "fog". It is SO GOOD to be reminded of truth daily and throughout our days.

So where do you go....?

No comments:

Post a Comment