Friday, January 28, 2011

Thoughts from Solitude

 One morning last fall, I happened to look out in our backyard as I was washing the breakfast dishes.  I saw something pink out of the corner of my eye.  It was a balloon floating over our fence.  It settled in our gone to seed garden bed.  I grabbed my camera and ran outside to capture the random event.
 I was able to get one stationary shot and then the balloon started moving on.  It gently floated across the beds and then suddenly caught an updraft.
The last image I took was just before it floated out of our yard.  The whole event was only about ten minutes, but the images and the randomness have stayed with me.


The pink was lovely and sweet; in an all male household there's not a lot of that color floating around!  The randomness was obviously unplanned; if my batteries weren't charged I would have missed the photos.  I need to be prepared to respond to the unexpected gifts of time with others or calls to action that the Spirit may bring my Way.  The gentleness and quiet movement of the balloon reminded me of the Way that the Holy Spirit often moves; I need to be attentive or I miss the opportunity of His gifts.

What have you learned in your solitude lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment