Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting Ready

It's August and for me it's travel month! I wish I had a cute suitcase like this one in the photo!~

I am not going away for the whole month but I do have the privilege of three road trips, two flights and lots of visiting with significant people in my life!

Before my big trips I get to play taxi for my husband and younger son for their big trip to Kennedy Space Center for Astronaut Training Camp! Doesn't that sound like fun? After their week in Florida I fly to Utah to catch up with our eldest son who has been interning with a group of Evangelical churches for the summer. I have the distinct privilege of a 13 hour road trip with him! So looking forward to seeing the beauty of that part of God's creation and of hearing all that God has taught him this summer. Sweet!

Then a week later I fly to Chicago to meet up with a dear friend who will be leaving her precious son at Moody Bible Institute to begin his college education. She and I will then road trip it back to SLO Town, again taking in some of the incredible locations that our great, glorious and creative God has blessed us with for our enjoyment!

So in my getting ready I have pondered again the words of the psalmist: "O Lord how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; the earth is full of your possessions."
Ps. 104:24

In fact the entirety of Psalm 104 can help all of us "get ready" to go outdoors!

I'm excited! Can you tell? What does August bring to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment