Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Fun!

As we Americans get ready to celebrate the 233rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence from Great Britain, I thought I'd give us a couple of things to ponder.

Have we so embraced the concept of independence as a right that we cannot see ourselves as subject to anyone? Of course I am thinking of our submitting our wills to the will of God in our lives. How can I be both independent physically and dependent spiritually? When there are two apparently opposing issues like these our pastor calls it "living with the tension".


So as you barbeque, picnic or however you celebrate, ponder how best
to celebrate your dependence on a good God who lavishly loves us and
desires our allegiance.

Have a fun Fourth! Have some pie and ice cream for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Excellent food for thought! Thanks!

    Hugs,
    Cheri

    PS - Will a Smores do? I think we're having Smores instead of pie and ice cream! =)

    ReplyDelete