Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sayings

Do you ever find yourself using a phrase again and again? I've been told I have "signature" phrases I use repeatedly:

"There is that" (in agreement with someone in a conversation)

"Be that as it may" (acknowledging a point in discussion that I probably don't agree with)

"Nevertheless" or "Regardless" (listening to our sons but then laying down the law)

I turned my daily prayer themed calendar today and the saying is pithy (good economic word--look it up)

"Let prayer be the key of the morning and the bolt at night" quoted of Philip Henry (1631-1696; British Nonconformist clergyman and father to Matthew Henry renowned Bible commentator)

His simple words give such a clear picture of the importance of prayer: unlock your day with and to God and close the door to the day locking it into God as well.

Now I would much rather be known for reminders to pray or to look to God in faith through life's challenges.


How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment